By using the BetaEasy.com web site (“Service”), or any services of MagneticOne company, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
MagneticOne reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.betaeasy.com/terms-of-service
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While MagneticOne prohibits offensive conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that MagneticOne cannot be held responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. MagneticOne cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- Conduct and Content deemed offensive by MagneticOne is not permitted.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the sole discretion of MagneticOne will result in an immediate termination of your services.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only available via email.
- You understand that MagneticOne uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, MagneticOne, or any other MagneticOne service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by MagneticOne.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any MagneticOne customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transfered unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. This does not include payment information, which is transferred encrypted.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 50 GB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by MagneticOne) of other BetaEasy customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- MagneticOne does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that MagneticOne shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if MagneticOne has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of MagneticOne to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and MagneticOne and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and MagneticOne (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be emailed to support [at] betaeasy.com.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- All prices are in United States Dollars (USD)
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- The Service is billed in advance every 30 days and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged a prorated amount for the new plan and you will immediately have the benefits of the new plan.
- For any downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. MagneticOne does not accept any liability for such loss.
Customers may access their BetaEasy account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses BetaEasy, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that MagneticOne shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if MagneticOne has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to BetaEasy via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. MagneticOne, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. MagneticOne will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
- MagneticOne reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Company Settings link at the top of the screen. The Company Settings screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- MagneticOne, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other MagneticOne service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. MagneticOne reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- MagneticOne reserves the right to modify or terminate the BetaEasy service for any reason, without notice at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- MagneticOne reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the BetaEasy Site (www.betaeasy.com) or the Service itself.
- MagneticOne shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- MagneticOne does not pre-screen Content, but MagneticOne and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
Last modified: Feb 20, 2010